Monday, February 25, 2013

Reward Cards: A Trusty Sidekick

Hey all of you beautiful Birdies out there! Ready to stash more cash? Coupons and apps are just two things I use regularly but let's not forget about another important member of the "Save Anna Lots of Money" team (we're working on the name).....REWARD CARDS!

Virtually every store offers them but how many of us actually use them?? If you aren't now you may want to start! They are the perfect partner to coupons and in-store savings. When a store has an item on sale, they will often give an extra discount if a store reward card is used which is great in it's own right but then if you add coupons on top of that...well then that is just plain awesome. On my Deal of the Day posts, you will often see where I combine an already great deal with coupons and pay next to nothing for everyday items like cough drops or chapstick.

CVS and Walgreens have a really nice set up with their card programs which you will see me write about quite a bit but let's not forget the unexpected places that offer reward cards. Goodwill is a great example. Yes, GOODWILL!!

Goodwill Rewards does the following:

*Saves you 10% off a purchase of $20 or more (with each visit and on sales days)
*Gives you extra rewards for your birthday and special holidays
*Sends you early notifications of upcoming sales
*Keeps track of all your donations - No more having to keep all of the sheets they give you when you deliver a drop off. It is all recorded to your card!

My husband and I were totally surprised by this but when the cashier offered the free card to us we were on it like white on rice! Who would say no to an additional 10% off at Goodwill?!?

Reward cards also come in handy when you want to have an inexpensive and casual night out! Two favorite places my husbands love to frequent are Subway and Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt. Sometimes I can only eat so many subs and froyo but the savings definitely help me stomach it better! If you purchase a Subway gift card and use it for your regular purchases (i.e. 6 inch turkey on flatbread, American cheese, toasted, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onion, green peppers, black olives, and mustard) you earn points towards other items on their menu. You could earn points and apply them on anything from a cookie to premium footlong sub! Click here for more details.

At Orange Leaf, you can ask for a free Ounce Back card. The way this card works is:

*For every dollar you spend, you earn 1 point.
*For every ten points earned, a dollar is added to your Ounce Back Card.
*When at the register, hand them your card and they will ask if you want to apply the dollar(s) to your total.

Often, they will run a promo where they will double the points which gets you one step closer to sweet, sweet savings. For more info, click here.

Keep your eyes open, your ears peeled, and get creative. There are almost endless ways to start saving money around you. Reward cards are one of the many great tool to use! The more you swipe, the more you save, and the more you will wonder why you didn't start doing this earlier!

I barely scratched the surface on this post. There are so many options out there! What are some of your favorite reward cards to use?? 

Thanks for reading, Birdies! HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!! :-)


NOTE: This was not an endorsed post. These thoughts are completely my own. I just enjoy sharing what I found with all of you. Hope it helps! :-) 

9 comments:

  1. Greetings I am so grateful I found your blog page, I really
    found you by error, while I was searching on Aol for something else,
    Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a fantastic post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to read through it all at the moment
    but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when
    I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the
    awesome work.

    Also visit my blog post: electric juicer easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I do believe this is a great site. I stumbledupon it
    ;) I'm going to return once again since I book marked it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to help others.

    Also visit my blog post ... vegetable juice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are enjoying the blog and thanks for bookmarking! Be sure to visit again soon as I have a lot of exciting posts coming up. Have a great day! :-)

      Delete
  3. This is my first time visit at here and i am
    truly happy to read everthing at single place.

    Take a look at my webpage ... markets.financialcontent.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an extremely long comment
    but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
    Anyway, just wanted to say fantastic blog!

    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... Http://www.twitxr.com/white243/Updates/686596/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer! Thanks for coming back to comment and thanks for reading! :-)

      Delete
  5. Hey! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to take a look.
    I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to
    my followers! Outstanding blog and superb design.


    Have a look at my web page: alltechrelated.Com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my friend! I wish to say that this article is amazing,
    great written and include approximately all important infos.
    I'd like to see extra posts like this .

    Feel free to surf to my web page; juice breville 800 juicer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written
    article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of
    your useful information. Thanks for the post.
    I will certainly comeback.

    Also visit my web site - http://esccb.edu.pt

    ReplyDelete