Monday, March 18, 2013

Even More FREE Apps to Save You BIG

Hey, hey Birdies! Happy Monday!

So far, my 12 FREE Apps, Big Savings post has been my most popular so in the spirit of savings, I thought I would share with all of you lovely readers another set of apps that may save you money and time!

GeoQpons
via
via


This app is pretty great because it shares with you deals according to Brands (like: Aeropastle or The Container Store) or according to your location. Like the Gas Buddy app, GeoQpons uses your phones GPS technology to locate where you are and then finds business's around you. I selected "Local" and found that a realtor was giving a $250 at closing and a cleaning service was offering $30 off. Quite a variety which always makes saving a few bucks even more fun!

Grocery Pal


via


via


This really can be a shopper's pal....dare I say, even a shopper's bff?? Break out the friendship bracelets! What this little nifty app does is allow you to make a shopping list in several different ways. You can manually type in your list of things to purchase or you can select from a list of stores and the deals they are offering. Example: I clicked on "Specials", chose Aldi as my store, found that they had a deal on a pecan pie then selected "add to list" then guess what happened? It added to my list. Amazingly simple, I know. The reason I like the idea of this is because some days you aren't running to just one store. You may be running to several so to have access to some of the top deals you are looking for is a total lifesaver when you are in the thick of things. Also, you can select the option of  "Coupons", choose if you are looking for "printable brand coupons" or "loyalty card coupons" then     pick the category like "apparel." It will then populate a list for stores in your area that may be offering store coupons for their apparel items. Example: I clicked on apparel and it showed me that Rack Room Shoes had a $10 off coupon. Once again, I simply chose "add to list" then tadah! It was on my list. So on a day I am running to multiple places but don't want to carry multiple lists then this app becomes my hero and makes my life a little easier.

Mint.com
via

via
Mint.com is a great site that also happens to have a great app as well! This website is really cool because it keeps track of all your money, helps you create a budget, and shows you ways to save even more! Mint.com pulls all of your accounts into one place as well so no more clicking all over the web to get the info you need.  Oh and in case you live in fear of forgetting to pay your bills, the app notifies you of upcoming payments. Fear banishes and you see your savings increase...not too shabby.


Out Of Milk


via


via



Out of Milk is a pretty popular app and for good reason! It operates quickly and is extremely user friendly. You also make a list for this app and can add store deals to it but you can also use a built in scanner. If I am running low of yogurt and want to add that to my list, I take my last container, scan it, and the item is immediately added to my list. From there I can effortlessly swipe from store to store to see what deals they may be offering on the yogurt I scanned. FABULOUS!

Retail Me Not


via
via


This is a website with an app. I tend to like that combo because when a website company makes an app they tend to make it more content and feature rich for the user. Case in point, the Retail Me Not app. After I had downloaded it, I pulled it up and it instantly populated some savings and showed me if those savings were available in store or online only. With online shopping being more popular than ever, that feature is spot on! Retail Me Not provides various categories to choose from so while playing with it I chose the gifts category and it gave me options for companies like 1800Flowers, Build a Bear, and Quebec Chocolates. Perfect if you almost forgot someone's birthday and need to send them something STAT.

Shop Kick


via


via
Holy smokes this app is fun! You start out by choosing what gift card you are shooting for (i.e. hope to get). I chose a Target gift card, of course. But they have a load of options like Old Navy, Starbucks, and even Tiffany's....."I want to go to there." 30 Rock, Anyone? Ahem, sorry. Liz moment. Moving on, from there you can choose stores to go to then Shop Kick gives you items to scan. You don't have to buy anything but by being at the store and scanning the item, you get points a.k.a "kicks". The more points you earn the closer you are to that {Fill In The Blank} gift card. How easy, right? I mean, we are already out shopping. Might as well get rewarded while you do it!

Slice

via
via


Slice is like an online purchase concierge. It keeps track of all of your online purchases so you can save time and money! I can see this app being super helpful during the holidays when online shopping becomes more and more of a go-to. Instead of going from site to site to track all of your purchases, it groups them all together on the app. Plus, by keeping track of that, it shows you how much you spend in a year with buying things online. If you've ever wondered how much you actually spend with Amazon, Slice will take the guess work out of it for you! The less I have to think, the better. ;-)

In this world of technology we live in, saving your hard earned mula has never been easier or more fun! Crack open your app store and explore the possibilities!

Have you tried any of the apps I mentioned in my original post? Do you use any of these apps now? Let the rest of us know what apps you are digging right now! :-) 

Thank you for reading, be sure to comment and follow! Have a great night! See you Wednesday! :-)

Note: This was not an endorsed post. These are services I have on my phone and have had success using. It is your responsibility to download and to enter the information the apps/sites require. 

No comments:

Post a Comment