Monday, June 24, 2013

8 EASY Ways to Save at Target

Aloha, Birdies! Hope you all had a great weekend! Ready to dive into the week? Yeah, me neither but maybe talking about Target (cue the Hallelujah chorus) and how to save there will put a little pep in your step.


Target is like the mothership of awesome and is one of my all time favorite happy places, if not #1. Once I step through their doors, I am instantly jazzed and ready to shop. I love everything about Target...their layout, their swag, their selection. Yes, I love everything except maybe their prices. For home decor, you can't beat their deals. You get chic items for much less than many top designer stores, however, for the everyday items a family needs to get by, I usually search elsewhere....until now. Here are my top 8 ways to save BIG at Target.

1. Target Coupons

Target provides plenty of store coupons for both name brand products and for their own brands like Up & Up. The site is very user friendly which I always appreciate. You can search for coupons based on brand name or store section and also by newest to oldest (i.e. coupons that are soon to expire.)

Visit www.target.com, scroll down, and you will find the coupon link on your left.


After your print, get to clipping.


2. Manufacturer Coupons




They also accept manufacturer coupons. One of the great things about this is that you can stack a manufacturers coupon on top of a Target coupon. For example, if you have a Target coupon for Sensodyne toothpaste that is $1.00 off AND you have a Sensodyne coupon for $.75 off then you can save $1.75 on that toothpaste total. Now imagine if there is already a sale on the toothpaste....let's say it is on clearance for $2.00 then you could end up paying only $.25 for sensitive toothpaste! Yowza!

3. Cartwheel

Cartwheel is a fairly new program for Target but it is one of those things that makes this store even more awesome and saving money all the more possible. Why so weak in the knees for Cartwheel? Well, once you are on the site you can look up items either by brand name, type, or choose one of the prefabricated categories like "Healthy & Beauty", much like on their coupon page. A huge selection will pop up ranging from 5% off of Up & Up Facial Cleansers to 20% off of Sensodyne toothpaste and more!! Instead of working like coupons where you get a dollar amount off, you get a percentage off instead. When you first begin you can select up to 10 items. Once those items are selected, you print a page off showing the items you are planning to save on and in the upper right hand corner there will be a bar code. At the register, along with your sale items and coupons, hand the cashier your Cartwheel page, they will scan said code and the savings will instantly appear on your receipt. This service is also very interactive which adds a fun flair! You can earn badges which equals to more money off! Use your Cartwheel bar code for the first time and you immediately get a badge. Holla!

Visit the Cartwheel site by clicking HERE




Print this page and take it with you on your next shopping trip.


4. Target Sample Spot


By simply typing in "sample" on Target's website you will be led to a new page where there may be samples available for you to try. Or click HERE. From my experience, there are only 1-3 items listed at a time. Don't be disheartened if you don't qualify for a sample. They base availability on area so you may not be eligible for each sample but when you are then feel free to let out a "Woohoo!" and do a little jig (Ashlee Simpson style). It takes about 30 seconds to click on an item and fill out your info. Wait a few weeks then your sample arrives, usually along with a Target coupon for that item. I just received my free sample of Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil and to my delight a $1 off coupon on any Essie item. Seriously, this program is so easy and low maintenance and the rewards are great for the amount of effort you put into it...which, again, is almost nothing. Give it a go, Friends!

5. Target Coupon Alerts





Click HERE and follow the instructions at the "Coupon Alerts" section. After that is done, your phone will receive text messages about once a week including sale info and additional coupons. There is a link in the text that you need to click and then a web page will pull up with around 15 items either on sale or with a dollar amount to be taken off. Like Cartwheel, this will have a bar code that will need to be scanned. Some of these deals are the same as what can be found online but some are not. For example, they had a coupon for $1.00 off produce. I searched high & low and could not find that coupon online. I marched into my happy place with the coupon ready and my eye on a great sale...four ears of corn, 4 for $1.00. That's right, I used my coupon plus that sale to get four ears of corn for free. I don't know if it was the veg itself or that I fact that I paid nothing for it but I promise I have never had tastier corn on the cob!

6. Clearance!!!

If you haven't checked out Target's clearance aisles, get on it!! Typically, they have a clearance rack or shelf in each store department but many times I find the real goodies on the end caps. I'm telling you to not underestimate the power of an end cap. One time they had my mom's hair color on sale for $3.25 and, if I had my coupons with me like a good couponer, I could have used my $2.00 off coupon getting her tried and true {but not granny blue} hair color for a whopping $1.25. Missed the boat on that one. Sorry, Mom! You may have to dig a bit because some of the shelves might be a bit random but good things are worth fighting for. And unlike me, don't forget to bring your coupons! P.S. I don't leave home without them now.

7. Gift Card Promos


via

Many times Target will offer gift cards if you purchase multiples of a certain brand or item. It is like getting paid to shop! This is great because you could either divide your purchases up in a single trip and use the cards towards the next transaction OR you could collect your cards. Stockpile those puppies and use them towards a big purchase, buying multiple sales items, or getting yourself a little something extra.

8. Dollar Bins

I think they call this section "Dollar Spot" but I am not exactly sure. Mainly because I am like the Tasmanian Devil swarming through that little corner. I love this section because you can find so much for so little. I love getting gift bags from there - so colorful & stylish! They also carry some great seasonal decor and snacks. Be on the lookout for sales here as well. Sometimes an item that was a regular price on Monday will be half off on Thursday. Half off in the dollar section?!?! Deal. Literally.

Another cool thing I just noticed on their site is called "Bonus Black Friday." By entering your name and e-mail they will start sending you alerts on sales and deals before the general public. Fun, fun! Click HERE to read more.

So there you have it! Not 1, not 2, not 3 but EIGHT easy ways to save at Target! I hope you enjoyed these tips and hey! If you have any, feel free to share with the class. :-)



Thanks for reading and have a great night!! :-)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment