Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Honest Company Review

Hello, Hello! Today I wanted to share my thoughts with you on the Honest Company. Unless you've been living in a cave then you should be aware of Jessica Alba's brand, The Honest Company. Yeah, Jessica Alba the A-List star. In a nutshell this is a line of products that are purposefully as simple and natural as possible. They sell anything from baby diapers to vitamins to hand soap. Anything you might need to run a household on the daily is included in The Honest Company's line-up which I adore! I'm not a mom but I am a gal who is concerned about what comes into my house. I've been eyeing their website for a while now and when I realized they offer free samples, I was on it like cheese on macaroni. (Cue the rewind noise) Yes, Friends. You read that right....FREE samples. Okay, okay you pay shipping but other than that the samples are F-R-E-E. There are three sample boxes to choose from: Diapers & Wipes, Essentials, and Health & Wellness. 



I chose the Essentials option because the other two were a little more geared for families and since we have no little ones bopping around, I felt the essentials would be the best fit for us. My order was placed on a Tuesday afternoon and arrived on my doorstep the following Saturday. Speedy shipping makes me a happy camper! The packaging is very pleasing to the eye because it is simple, clean but with a touch of flair. In my box I received 5 items: Household cleaner spray, hair/body wash, lotion, healing balm, and hand soap. Let me break this all down for you...
The cleaner has a very light, airy, clean scent and does a fantastic job tackling every day cleaning. I don't know if I would put this up against a real heavy duty job but. again, it does really well for the day to day messes.
The hair and body wash combo was interesting. The scent (orange and vanilla) was subtle but not quite my cup of tea. In regards to being a body wash, I would give it two thumbs up. I walked out of the shower squeaky clean. For the purpose of being a shampoo, I am going to give it one thumbs up and one down. For an all natural shampoo, it was what I expected. It didn't get delightfully foamy and I had to use the whole sample to tackle this mane of mine. I understand it shouldn't get foamy....I just have a hard time letting go of my preconceived notions of what a shampoo should do in my hair.
Lotion time! Initially, I was unimpressed with this product but then I continued to rub it into my hands and I was made a convert. This lotion has everything a girl like me could want. No offensively strong scent, no greasy residue and it actually makes my hands softer. I will definitely be repurchasing this in the future.
Next up is the healing balm. I will cut to the chase....stinky and a bit too greasy for my taste. It did smooth out rough patches but I don't know if I would seek this item out on my own.
Lastly, the hand soap. I found this product very simple which is what I like in a handwash. The scent was very light and it didn't dry out my hands after several trips to the sink. All in all, a winner in my book. 

With signing up for a free sample. you have to be ready to cancel with them within 7 days or else they will send you a full sized bundle the following month. I kept forgetting to contact them so I guess I should be expecting an Honest Box next month which is fine because overall I did like their products. The monthly cost for the service is $39.95. Only you can know if that is a good fit for your family. For mine, it is not so I will most likely be cancelling the subscription (who wants to remind me to do that??) but I definitely see myself buying individual items from their site.  All in all, I was happy with my experience and with this brand. I like what they stand for and I see them going far!

Have you tried out The Honest Company?? What did you try, like or dislike? Let me know in the comments below and be sure to check out my Youtube video sharing a bit more detail about this sample!



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment