Friday, September 26, 2014

Coupon Your Way To Christmas

Hello, hello! As much as it seems it cannot be possible, Christmas is only 89 days away. You know as well as I know that those 89 days will fly by so why put off shopping for the busy holiday season? Especially when there are already some great deals popping up. Follow me on Instagram and Twitter to get the latest deals as I will be regularly posting with this hashtag: #CouponYourWayToChristmas
If you can't escape to Twitterville or Instagramland at the moment then just take a peek below and check out a few of my favorite holiday shopping tips:

1. Start early! I mean really early. As a general rule of thumb, I like to comb through the after holiday sales. Whether it be Valentines day or the Fourth of July, there are always some great deals to be had. Christmas is no different and really it is almost better. Maybe I like it because I am usually still running on a holiday high but there is something intensely gratifying about getting a toy, gift, or home decor item for nearly 90% off. This past year, I got the stockings of my dreams for just a few dollars when they were originally selling for $20. The same applies to gifts for friends and loved ones. Stores are nearly giving away their goods once December 26th rolls around. To keep the clutter down, have a designated gift box where you can store your treasures that you find throughout the year and pull them out when you need.

2. Coupons! Coupons!! Coupons!!! Surprised? Coupons save you in general so you can always pop some of those savings into a Christmas fund. Once shopping season arrives you won't have to be scrambling around trying to stretch your budget. Also, did you know that now is the time of year to keep your eyes peeled for toy coupons? Its true. I noticed this last year and it made all the difference. I was able to get some really fun gifts for my niece and nephew. Brand new, cool toys that didn't break the bank. The great thing is that with some stores (like my beloved Target) you can combine those coupons with other in store offers like Cartwheel. Check out the pics to get an idea of what savings you can get now.

3. Give Black Friday a whirl! Although I love saving money, crowds can stress me out so I never imagined I would enjoy Black Friday shopping. Also, I work in retail so shopping the day after Thanksgiving hasn't always been possible. Last year, however, I gave it a go. I got an early start, found some pretty great things and was still able to make it to work on time. Granted a bit worn out but I made it nonetheless. If you go, I recommend doing your homework, have a plan, and maybe even a shopping buddy. My friend, Ashley, has laser-like focus and scored some awesome deals this past year because she knew what she wanted and from where.
Be on the lookout here on the blog and on YouTube as the holidays approach. I have loads of fun stuff to share with all of you! Whether gift shopping stresses you out or not, I hope you find these tips helpful. And if you need some inspiration, just search the hashtag #CouponYourWayToChristmas on Twitter & Instagram. If you find deals, feel free to use that hashtag and share it with me!

What are some of your favorite ways to save when you are Christmas shopping? Have you ever gone shopping Black Friday?


Thanks for reading and until next time, have a great day!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment